Prof. (Dr.) S. Radhakrishnan, M.Arch, Ph.D
PRIMENEST COLLEGE OF ARCHITECTURE AND PLANNING,TIRUCHIRAPALLI
Backed with three decades of Professional, Academic and Research Experience in India especially teaching at various reputed Architectural colleges across North and South India, he has worked as Academic Dean in Aayojan School of Architecture, Jaipur and worked as H.O.D in Department of Architecture, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai,India.
Primenest College of Architecture is located in the Historic City of Tiruchirapalli . Our School has outstanding faculty members deeply committed to teaching, profession and Research specialized in diverse fields like Building Science, Vernacular Architecture, Cost effective construction, Industrial design , Urban design, Landscape etc.
The school has a strong commitment to create a TRICHY CITY DATA CENTRE over a period of time through various activities like documenting the building related arts and crafts of Trichy and the neighboring towns, creating necessary maps to understand the Traditional Knowledge system through Documentation Cell comprises of expanded faculty and student body.
“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn”.- Alvin Toffler
The school also shows strong commitment to Experimentation and Innovation to Architectural Pedagogy where all the teachers experiment unique studio pedagogy to nurture the hidden talents of the students to Learn, Unlearn and Relearn. The teachers focus on Experiential Learning, Learning by doing to develop the skills, knowledge and sensitivities of the students.
The school focuses on Collaborative workshops /joint studios with various reputed Academic Institutions at National and International Level to understand the diverse working culture across various countries
The School also aims to address various urban issues in the city through Architectural Design exercises with increasing involvement of the community as well.
The school would like to develop core strengths in design, technology, history and structures. Our faculty members are competent enough to meet the challenges of the global environment, and are developing their expertise in the area Digital Architecture to enhance the strengths of the school.
The School also has a Climatology Lab, Structures Lab and Acoustical Lab for carrying out the Research by students and Faculty.
Membership and Credentials
- Registered with Council of Architecture, New Delhi.
- Member of Indian Society of Technical Education.
- Member of Indian institute of Architects.
- Member – Indian institute of public administration.
- Convener for Inspection committee for various Architectural colleges- Representing COA and Anna University.
- Principal Investigator for Research Grants like MODROBS-AICTE & Major Research Project – UGC.
- Specialized in Cost Effective Construction techniques.
- Carried out his Research in vernacular Architecture and Building Science.
- Published his research works in the National and International referred journals.
- Invited speaker for the National and International Conferences in Building Science.
- Review member for various Architectural Magazines and Journals.
- Organized Workshops, Seminars, Faculty Development Programme, Architectural Research methods, Climatic Studies in Architectural Pedagogy etc.
- Organized National and International Conference – Tourism and Architecture, earthquake resistant structures.
- Member of Board of Studies in various Universities.
- Ph.D Research Supervisor at Anna University, Chennai.
- Review member for various colleges of Architecture.